Monday 12 January 2009

Weekly Weigh In 1

The landfill bag weighed in at 434g.

This is not good but not too bad either.

The majority of the contents were plastic wrappings which can't be recycled, and some bits and pieces found whilst clearing out a couple of boxes from the shed.

The recycling bin had the usual, cans plastic bottles and paper and cardboard.

There is also a box of recyclable items to take to the Recycling Facility when I next go that way.

This is now a way of life for us and I am determined that our landfill bin will be emptied the minimum amount of times during the coming year.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - this is great! Don't be so hard on yourself. I find that when the decluttering bug strikes, it increases our landfill waste dramatically. I still dream of hiring a skip, dumping everything and starting fresh!
    Mrs g x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that Rae as that is exactly what I said to Dave over Christmas.

    We have alot of "stuff" which moved with us here. Some of which is my mums things and I don't just want to dump boxes without checking the contents first.

    We are going to try and do many carboot sales this summer as we sort things out and then anything remaining at back end which we don't think will be good to keep for the next years sales will be donated to the charity shops.

    ReplyDelete