Wednesday 3 June 2009

Magazines through the Post

I have a weekly subscription to the Radio Times, as not only is it a tv listings guide but also a good read.

I have it on subscription which means it is delivered along with my mail, so no need to go to the shop just to get it.

Just recently I wrote asking if they could change the polythene outer wrapping to a recycled/recyclable paper wrap.

Well today it arrived in a brown paper envelope.

Great I thought they've taken my request on board; then I opened it inside was the magazine wrapped in the polythene and then placed inside the brown envelope.

Needless to say I have just sent another email asking them to sort this out as I might as well just have the polythene and put it with carrier bags at the supermarket than have both.


Below is the response I got to my email sent :

Dear Miss Maisie Clark
Thank you for your email regarding Radio Times magazines.
I can confirm that my manager requested the despatch method was changed as per your original request.
I apologise that this was not done.
I have passed the details back to him for him to make our Despatch Warehouse aware of the problem, and ask that they ensure your issues are sent by Brown Envelope.-- If you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

So hopefully next weeks issue will be naked inside the brown envelope.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! This is really great that at least SOME action was taken, even if they didn't manage to get it right 1st time!!

    Do tell how it goes next time you get it!! :)

    ReplyDelete